In recognition of National Public Health Week, the Bridgeport Department of Health and Social Services is hosting a series of events and programming April 1 through 5 to promote healthy homes and healthy lifestyles.
The schudule is as follows:
• Free tai chi, North Branch Public Library, 10:30 a.m.
• Prevent, Promote, Protect Reception, 999 Broad St., 6 p.m. A local citizen will be given the award for Outstanding Public Health Service to the Bridgeport community; there will be song and refreshments.
• Free tai ch, Hall Commons Senior Center, 10:30 a.m.; and Margaret E. Morton Government Center, noon
• Healthy Homes Website Launch, Columbus School Lighthouse Program, 3 p.m.
• Free tai chi, East Side Senior Center, 10 a.m.
• Soul Food Junkies film showing, Ralphola Taylor Community Center